20 Delicious Facts About Popcorn That Will Absolutely Blow Your Mind

Let’s all be honest here, there are very few things better than a fresh batch of buttery popcorn. It’s the main reason why sitting in a movie theater in the same position for about 90 minutes is actually tolerable.

Popcorn ranks high on the list of many people’s favorite snacks and condiments like Nutella, chocolate, pizza and bacon.

The best thing about popcorn is the different types that exist. If you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, you might go with caramel-covered popcorn.

If you’re looking for that traditional salty and buttery mix, you might go with a classic movie theater-style butter and salt batch. And if you’re trying to make everyone around you jealous, you’ll break out the chocolate-covered popcorn!

Yes, it exists, and if you haven’t had it, you should try it as soon as possible.

Despite our deep love for popcorn, a lot of us don’t know that there are a few awesome and little-known facts about the delicious treat. Check them out below!

Americans consume approximately 17 billion quarts of popcorn annually which is enough to fill the Empire State Building 18 times.

Delish Your Dish
Popcorn kernels have the ability to pop up to three feet in the air.
Colored Popcorn
Lunar Wolves
Believe it or not, popcorn contains more protein than any other cereal grain.

Cooking Classy
Based on volume, popcorn is America’s favorite thing to snack on.

Foodie Snacks
Un-popped kernels are nicknamed “spinsters” or “old maids.”

Scissors and Thread
The fall season is the peak time for popcorn consumption. Second in line is the winter season.

We Heart It
A cup of plain, unbuttered and unsalted popcorn tallies up to just 31 calories.

The most ideal popping temperature for a quality batch of popcorn is about 400° to 460° F.

Cooking Classy
More than 200 million boxes of Cracker Jack popcorn are consumed every year in America alone.

Taste Spotting
Americans consume more popcorn than any other country in the entire world.

Ashley’s Homemade Adventures
A majority of the popcorn consumed around the world is originally grown in the US.

Awake The Whisk
Just around 70 percent of popcorn sold in the US is consumed in homes. The remaining 30 percent is consumed in movie theaters, stadiums/arenas and schools.

Best Popcorn Machines
There are approximately 1,600 popcorn kernels in a single cup.

Quite Curious
Popcorn is the official snack of Illinois. Because of this, they’ve held an official “Popcorn Day” since 1958.

Jubilee Reviews
Back in the ancient times, people would prepare popcorn by heating up sand in a fire and then stirring the un-popped kernels of popcorn in the hot sand until they popped.

There are six major corn/maize types: pod corn, sweet corn, flour corn, dent corn, flint corn and popcorn.

Julias Nicole
When it comes to movie theaters, for every dollar spent on popcorn by moviegoers, approximately 90 cents is profit.

Corn is the second largest crop in the entire world, and the largest in America.

Simply Scratch
The official scientific name for popcorn is: Zea Mays Everta.

Cookies & Crunches
Popcorn has been sold in theaters dating back to as far as 1912.

21 No Gluten
Top Photo Courtesy: BarefeetInTheKitchen

Popular posts from this blog

List of youngest birth mothers( A Nigerian is on this list)

Itoro Charis & Shekinah Johnson Celebrate Love

Prison Bae: This Model From Miami Might Have The Hottest Mugshot Of The Year (Photo)